Tuesday 20 November 2012

Na koi Bandishey Na koi Zanjeerei



There’s always one or more places in the world apart from our home that we all love. When people travel alone or with close friends to a new place, they always like, at least most of the time they like it.  There are few places where people I think would always want to places like Las Vegas, Goa, and Mumbai. I would always wonder what is it that people love so much about Goa ? I've been there with family once, I liked it but it’s not something to crave for until of course I went again with my friends. When I came back I was asked the same questions again and again, “How was it? Did you enjoy? What did you do there? What was the best thing? Did you do this? Did you do that?”

I loved my Goa trip and when I asked myself the reason for it I got a very simple answer. The reason I liked it was not because of the clubbing or the crowd or the beach but the root reason was freedom, nobody judged us there, nobody cared if we were there lying on the beach at 3am, nobody bothered what time it was. It was this sudden sense of liberation, of independence, just being oneself without worrying about how your neighbor’s son’s daughter’s friend who would go back and make a scene. The reason people prefer new places, I guess, is because nobody knows them initially there and they let them be without any social drama. The best thing about Goa was nothing else but the mere fact I could sit at the beach at 3am, sing as loudly as I want without worrying about anyone.

Now I understand when people say why they would like to go to certain places, it’s not because of clothes, drinks, food or clubbing it’s about the fact that they are free and most importantly nobody judges them . You can sit the way you like, dance the way you want, just behave the way you like without harming anyone. In the end everyone needs freedom, freedom to be.

 That’s reason as kids we would love to go at our grandparents’ house during vacations  because we knew mom wouldn't wake us up early, nobody would shout at us if you don’t take a shower, we could sit and watch T.V for as long as we like, we could eat pizzas and all kind of chocolates. Freedom I believe is part of our original being and that’s the reason it’s always fun breaking the rules. We all like to stick to our original nature, don’t we?   

No matter how old we get we'll always like some more freedom than we have. No freedom is enough compared to what each of us were born with.



*Image taken from Google*


1 comment:

  1. Very beautifully written and can connect to every word there. Totally agree that its Freedom we always lack for, that sense of being 'ME'.
    Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete